Old 04-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
DAFU
Duke of Prunes

First Name: Dave
Trading: (35)
HUpmann
DAFU will become famous soon enoughDAFU will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Blind Review Participants - pipe tobacco

This is my review of the kind Revs blind sample #1. Smoked at my desk in a pre '66 restored Kaywoodie 51 billiard.

1- nice dark broken flake. looks good.
Score - 4.5
2- perfect moisture content and easily rubbed out.
Score - 4
3- lights easily that gets a bit hot if smoked too fast. Doesn't bite too bad however.
Score - 4
4 - VAs stand out in the beginning with sweet fruity flavor. Gonna guess some Perique and possibly Burley in here too with a bit of spicy smokiness coming thru by mid bowl. Not overpowering at all and fairly smooth. Finishes with the VA in the background, which is why I'm guessing a VaPer or VaBur. I like it!
5 - Pleasant aftertaste evolving from sweet and fruity in the beginning to more smoky and subdued in the end .
Score- 4
6 - Room and nose note is equally pleasing like a rich sweet tobacco aroma should be.
Score- 4.5

Overall score would be a 25 out of 30 which makes this a well above average 'baccy for me. I mostly smoke VaPers and English/Balkans and I did like this blend
quite a bit and would recommend to anyone wanting to stray a bit from straight VAs.
If I must guess I'd say St.James Flake or maybe the other Gawith Brown flake.

I want to thank Todd for starting this. Been awhile since we've done much on the pipe forum and it's so much fun.

Stay tuned for samples 2 & 3.

LMK if any other BOTLs might be interested doing a blind review.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200418_203914_1587260187718.jpg (118.5 KB, 478 views)