Thread: Sourdough bread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 09:35 AM   #41
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Re: Sourdough bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
I've played around with a couple things that have turned out fantastic (cinnamon rolls, crackers) but haven't tried bread again. I ordered parts for a makeshift proofing box which should be here today, this weekend I'll give bread another shot
I had some trouble with proofing this last winter. Made learning a bit harder. I too ordered a proofing box, but sent mine back for a refund without use. By the time I had it delivered found using either the oven with the light on, or the above range microwave withe above range light on, produced an almost perfect 80 degree environment. That plus now I'm generally just letting time take the work over the worrying. I have one great white bread that calls for 12g of yeast and should be done in about 4-5 hours total. Now instead I put 1g of yeast in, mix the dough at night and let it go thru the first proof on the counter overnight. Shape in the morning and by lunch it's ready to bake. Flavors are better with the longer fermentation.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote