Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Just figured I would quote this again. It seems relevant after the last post.

Hey homer....
Christ, what a joke. I know I'm doing something right when my opinions here get me labeled a "homer" and those same opinions get me labeled "not a Canucks fan" (to use the polite terminology) on my local boards. Sorry, that goes more towards support Tom's statement that yours. I get that you hate the Canucks, I get that it colours your opinion on everything to do with them. Can we move on or at least pretend to have an objective discussion? No? That's fine too

Quote:
you won the presidents trophy in part because of all those extra wins against your division teams. You know those other clubs none of which made the playoffs and sucked. Put you in the pacific or central and take away all those gimme games and you dont walk away with the trophy. If you do still get it its much closer. The Hawks and Wings would have won a lot more against you.
Show me exactly where I said the Canucks didn't have an easier time of it because they were in a weak division. Funny, you can't because I didn't. The NW inflated their point totals, there's no doubt about that. There's also no doubt they they were still the best team in the regular season. Doesn't matter how much you hate the Canucks those are still the facts.

Quote:
Mcginn did not make elbow to head contact it was shoulder to head and head to glass. His elbow never comes up. You cant rewrite an incident when everyone can watch the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAKE27l7ZzA. You can jump to 110 and see the elbow stays down.
You're right, my apologies for incorrectly remembering the incident. Still a very dirty hit and still far more deserving of a suspension than Rome's hit on Horton. My point stands.

Quote:
As to the other stuff I said Charas hit was dirty. Eagers was not a clean hit but sedin say him coming and turned to face the boards. The league has been begging players (euros) to stop doing it.
Contrary to what you seem to think, none of my comments were directed at your personal opinions. While I'm glad we agree on the Charra hit, I really don't care what you think about the Eager hit. No amount of explanation or prevarication can justify intentionally putting a goon like Eager on the ice specifically to run an elite player with the intent of injuring him. Period.