Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Greg
Trading: (0)
HdM
pattersong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wife asks, 'Why don't you open a cigar shop?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCuts View Post
I don't know if it's a trick of the funhouse lens, or if it's really as huge as it looks, but that's a good-looking shop. The walls are a bit spare, but I like those wood floors. Nice that they put up pics of the build. The only drawback--and this for me is pretty massive--reading their "about" page, sounds like they don't smoke inside the shop. They've got a smoking porch out back. Still, congratulations to four young guys livin' the dream in Burlington Ontario. Thanks for the link.

Yea, I'm not a huge fan of the wide angle lens photos either. The shop is much better looking in person. I think these photos are dated. Just last weekend, they opened a new expansion into a neighbouring store where they now have 4 barber chairs. They only do old school razor shaving and traditional barbering. The walls are covered in old cigar boxes. They have a dart board and old hockey arena seating in the waiting area.

You are correct. No smoking in the shop. Indoor smoking is completely against the law in Ontario (most of canada for that matter). Just another reason why it's hard to run a b&m here. I guess the government is afraid of hurting the feelings of other cigar smokers who walk into the shops and are exposed to second hand smoke. lol
pattersong is offline   Reply With Quote