View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #23
Bear
Just an other FNG

First Name: Marc
Trading: (4)
RA
Bear has disabled reputation
Default Re: Re-Upped my Cigar Oasis (picture intensive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
I still dont understand how you will be keeping humidity lower than ambient during the moist months. As Silhound said, he is using PG to accomplish this task. If ambient humidity rises to 80%, how will turning off the Oasis remove the excess humidity? During the winter your system should work great, but I am concerned with the warm humid months.

If I had to guess, the ambient humidity doesn't get too high where the OP lives (OH) even in the warmer months. I could be wrong though...
I wonder how big the humi is. Is this a cabinet or a desktop (a CO would be overkill for the standard desktop IMO)? If the seal is less then ideal, his set up should work no problem especially if he's in and out of it on a regular basis.
Bottom line IMO is that even if you put a glass of water in your cabinet humi, the RH won't spike like mad due to the lack of air circulation being forced over the surface of the water. I don't see how this would be any different.

Now, with that said, if the temp & ambient humidity gets high in the warmer weather you might run into problems keeping your RH low enough. In the OP you mention that beads weren't doing the trick for you... my is keep them in there anyways as they'll act as a desiccate should you ultimately need it.

Canadian Roll Call
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote