View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rattray old gowrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
I'm new to pipe smoking and picked up 3 100g tons of this stuff. Hopefully it's good! I tried brown clunee and it seems very... mellow or dull almost? I've been smoking a lot of maltese falcon and quiet nights lately. That stuff is on point!!
Never had either of the two you have tried, was not personally a fan of Brown Clunee myself, so... take that for what it is worth.

However, you must also remember that you should not expect Brown Clunee to match up to those 2. Those 2 will have more "flavor" as there are Orientals in both, and Quiet Nights has Latakia - both of which will bring about bolder flavors than what is in Old Gowrie.

Remember that when smoking a pipe, tobacco blends with different constituent tobaccos will be like comparing apples and oranges. What I mean by that is that you must expect huge differences between Virginia/Perique blends (like Brown Clunee & Old Gowrie) and Oriental or English blends. Each will have their own distinctive flavors and should be enjoyed for what they bring to the fore.

Hope that helps!

Peace of the Lord be with you.