View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #50
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Starting to like wine...the Red version

Ahem... The op didn't ask for advice on how to be an Amateur Sommelier or quite a bit more of chest puffing and ball busting going on in this thread. As far as the bud light analogy? Some people like it, (not me, but I digress) and it fits their budget, and it makes them happy. No reason to look down your nose at them or pooh pooh how it is produced. I think the advice of trying many different varietals and specific bottle or producer suggestions are what Kirk may have been looking for here, rather than treatises on production values and hackle raising finger pointing.
I give a brother on here crap all the time about his Miller lite fetish, but he knows it comes as good-natured ribbing and gives it back just as well. This thread is not that.