View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #45
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Starting to like wine...the Red version

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Go ahead and comment, as I'd like to hear your opinion, despite the fact that it apparently disagrees not only to my own, but also to every customer to whom I have sold this particular wine . . .
Austrailian wine in general tastes too manipulated either by too much extraction, high alcohol, and almost all lack any terrior. They taste like concocted wine syrup. Mollydooker really typifies this new world style- which I am not a fan of. I am not singling out Mollydooker specifically, but lump it into with other Aussies like Thorne Clarke and Ball Buster…

My favorite Aussie and one I would point customers to is Torbreck’s “Woodcutter’s Reserve” Shiraz. Actually, Torbreck I would put on the top for mass produced Aussie wine.

Is Bud Light more acceptable as a beer just because it is outselling Anchor, Dogfish, and Dale’s? Certainly it is more acceptable to the bottom line of the balance sheet, but not as a fine beer.

You may sell more Wild Irish Rose than Petrus, but it does not legitimate Wild Irish Rose a contender in best wine prize.