View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #69
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
Assuming the GP was for embargoed Therefore, the agreement itself is likely null and void. but any action would likely open up a can of worms that would be detrimental to the community as a whole. Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)! Some people (even friends and family) just suck!
This is where I will end up replying, although I wanted to reply to the person that stated that there was a real case, crossing state lines, etc. I laughed out loud, I am sorry to say. Not to deride the person who said this, but in a general way, I was thinking, 'yup, it's easy to give advice to the "other person" who then has to act on his ironclad case involving illegal goods'. Haha, priceless. A person who rips a person on a coke deal knows there is only one threat. Revenge. Because they are not going to tell the cops they got ripped off in a coke deal. There is no legal recourse. This is why I do not trade. Some people will laugh about that statement, and you know who you are. But buy what you like, then get together with friends and smoke it. All this trading and piles of money and hurt feelings is eventually bad for everybody. In a metaphysical sort of way, anyway. But when you come out on the losing end, you really only have two recourses.
One is the old show up at the door. Two is to make sure that he can't operate in the dark on your board. You showed alot of restraint using option two. When I DO deal with people, I tell them that my good name is my guarantee. What good is the internet cigar community if I can't enjoy it with my head up?