View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #3905
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

I think it was ME that told my sister, "80% of taking good photographs is pointing your camera at good stuff." lol.
Let em flow, boys, let em flow.

I am going to be popping up a few more photos of this now-boring building since
I happened to catch it in REALLY GOOD LIGHT over the weekend. Bear with me,
I know it seems like the only thing I shoot these days.

I made the mistake of inviting a Flickr Friend to hang out with me and shoot....I got NOTHING done.
I was there to test a 50mm 1.4, and I didn't get ONE single night shot in the quarter. This woman
talked about background extra work in movies all night, LONG stories. I would tell her "Look, I am
headed across the river, you can pack up and come with me or stay here by yourself in Gretna by
the river where they dispose of bodies. (lol) But even when she pulled it out and got moving,
it was 10 minutes chatting by my car window with it RUNNING, and I'm like, "Let's GO, motherfu(&er"
Never again. I am a LONE WOLF.

She kept saying, "the quarter is really dangerous right now, you HEARD about the shootings right?" I had.
But I told her that I did not become the "world-famous photographer" (haha) I am today by giving a 5hi+
if I get my a55 shot while shooting pics or not. 12 hour frickin round trip to listen to her run her mouth all night
and drag a55. Pfft. But she was nice, and had great +i+s, so I just played nice. I had invited her after all.

I think this is the photo that tells you why I just shut up and did my thing and gave her a break.
But still, she is using her phone as a mirror and primping. Didn't have the heart to tell her that
this was not an internet date, we were just there to shoot the 5hi+ out of some pics, and if she
wanted to pose nude with the city in the BG, I would certainly shoot it. It was actually a much more
successful internet date than it was a shoot, lol.

Last edited by OLS; 07-15-2014 at 10:38 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote