View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Golf: What irons to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Here's my dilemna. I have a set of Lynx Predator irons (circa 1970s). They were great irons in the day, but...
Todd, one of the best things you can do for yourself is to get fitted for some irons. The hybrids, 3W, and Driver will follow suit.

As mentioned above, if you do have a golf type warehouse retail store around or nearby, some of these places do carry used irons and on consignment, and you may be able to have a set of these used irons fitted to your particular swing style and speed.

I have a set of KZG irons/hybrids and SMT driver myself, but it was only after having them fitted to my swing.

Mizunos, Wilsons, Cobras. There's a lot of good irons out there and there should be some used "brand names" with your name on them. But, get fitted first and you'll see a big difference in how you hit the ball.

And, don't forget to put a crowbar in your wallet and take a set of lessons with your fitted irons. You'll be glad you did