Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iphone 4 just announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Interesting how you know it's going to be a success before it comes out..
Whether or not it's going to be a success is not really a debateable issue, it's going to sell like hotcakes..... we all know that. Whether it deserves that success is what only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
See the pic above. I'll hang on to my judgement until proven wrong.
I've seen Zune's, iPhone's, iPod's, Blackberry's, Droid's, Creative River's, etc. that look exactly like the picture you posted. All that pic proves is that if you give people stuff, especially portable electronics, and they'll find a way to break it.

How many tens of millions of iPhone's and iTouch's have been sold in the last 3 years? What percentage of those sold have broken their screens? I'm guessing the failure rate is pretty damn small given that if it wasn't the media and anti-fanboi's would have jumped all over it. Considering the fact that the glass screens have already proven themselves to be far far tougher than you'd ever think possible I think you're making rather a large mountain out of a very small molehill.

NO device manufacturer warranty's their screens simply because, as a result of the amount of abuse the device receives from most users, that is going to be the biggest single point of failure in the device. If that's a issue for you don't buy a smartphone. Condemning a new device that isn't even on the market yet simply because you feel the decision to use dual-glass is stupid is ludicrous. It's doubly so considering the fact that Apple's handheld glass screen's have been some of the toughest on the market for years.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote