Thread: Battling fleas!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Battling fleas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
Get a spread pest killer (granule) that kills ant and fleas. Spread it around yard area. Always has worked for my yard. As for the house, plan on using a killer, vacuum, the killer again, vacuum again, repeating over at least a week. Maybe longer!
Agreed. Spread it just like you would lawn fertilizer. I use to do it twice a month. Also keep the grass cut. In addition you can use the spray killers that you attach to a garden hose. Spray bushes, shrubs, ground covers etc to include any nesting areas of squirrels, etc. Pay careful attention to spraying the underside of bushes, shrubs and trees.

Inside - dispose of vacuum bags immediately after use. If using bag-less - empty after use. (Dispose of in outside garbage of course). Pay close attention to bedding areas (where they like to sleep), under beds, furniture where shedding tends to build up. There are several safe sprays that can be used in the home.

Rusty, my beagle, was a flea/tick magnet so I spent a lot of time guarding against and preventing fleas and ticks.

Also - I never had much luck with K9 Advantage. Frontline Plus always worked perfect though. And - make sure that whatever you get comes from your vet. Yes it may cost a few bucks more but I once ordered over the internet - bad mistake. Wasted money on a product that didn't work. Apparently there is a market in bogus/generic/counterfeit pet drugs. Cost me more money in the long run after having to have the vet treat Rusty for what I thought was a skin rash that was actually caused by fleas cause the internet Frontline product was crap.

Good luck with it all.

Ron

On Edit: AS Rusty passed last month - I have one un-opened box of Frontline Plus (3 Applicators) for 23 to 44 lb dogs. It's yours if you want it (if not, it's free for who ever wants it). Just PM me contact info.

Last edited by RGD.; 02-17-2011 at 11:56 PM.
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote