View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Got my first RN offer today

This has taken a bit of a different path than I originally thought I wanted 3-4 months ago. The job I held has gone from being something I thoroughly loved to now almost cringing at the thought of being there another day. Thus, I realized staying at my current hospital isn't in my future.

I interviewed for a position 10 days ago and they called today and offered me a job to start on May 22nd at darn near full RN pay. The great perk is that I'd be making $2k/month more to start and it gets me out of my current position by allowing me to give my 2 week notice. The hell of it is I have 4 more interviews this week. Even if they all offered me, nobody would start out at the same pay and I'd be stuck where I'm at the next 2 months until I passed the NCLEX.

Every step along the past 3 years has opened a door for me in God's perfect timing to get me where I am today. The latest door opened seems to be the perfect time to put in my 2 week notice tomorrow and start a new job on May 22nd.

Time to fire up a nice cigar and sip on a fine tequila.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote