The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dry aging beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Just wrap in a papertowel and change the towels until they stay clean daily. As soon as your steak has hint of dryness on the outside, cut it off and cook it. I'd imagine 4 days would be perfect. You'll end up with the best dog chew toy if you try to age a steak like a whole untrimmed roast.
Did 5 days... Trimmed off some of the outer edge and pan seared it, finished it in the oven. Absolutely friggin perfect. I cooked it to 130 degrees, took it out and covered it, let it stand for 10 mins and trimmed it up. There are subtle flavor differences between aged and non aged, but there are noticeable differences in texture. I'm normally not a fillet guy, usually save that part of the P-house for my girlfriend, but i wanted to try it out, and wow I must say that it was awesome. Its as if the connective tissues begin to break down even further giving you a steak you can cut with a butter knife.
I took a bunch of pictures but I'm too full and lazy to bother posting now, I'll put them up over the weekend.
I seriously suggest giving it a shot.