F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Paleo Diet & Lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever View Post
I'm trying really hard to stay Paleo but my wife "just can't give up bread" so its in the house all the time. I have very little will power when it comes to carbs and sweets. I grew up pretty poor and candy was such a treat that any time we got it we were super excited. I keep throwing all kinds of paleo literature my wifes way, but she refuses to give up grains and bread and corn and potatoes and candy etc. etc. etc.

Living paleo is super easy when I'm deployed because I have to actively get all my own food and we have access to all the veggies we want. Maybe staying active on this thread will help me out. who knows
I am in a similiar -- but reversed -- situation. I like my bread/pasta/potatoes while my wife can mostly do without.

However, I have cut way, way back. We don't often have bread, pasta and potatos around anymore, but once a month or so we will get a small amout of some really good bread or fresh pasta or a nice potato for baking. My wife will pass on the pasta, but she might have a little potato and she will definitely have some of the bread.

So, most of the time she is strict Paleo but once in a while she has non-Paleo foods. I mostly follow Paleo -- and we are both doing OK and happy with the way things are going.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote