Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #5584
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybear4CORT View Post
How's the ar market look like? I've stopped looking since December and I'm feeling like a light weight pencil barrel build in the immediate future.
Lowers (stripped or complete) still seem to be quite high, but are available. Upper parts seem readily available and not overly inflated if you do a little shopping. BCGs are still the long-lead item, but not as bad. Complete uppers/rifles from major manufacturers still appear hopelessly backordered and/or overpriced. Smaller shops are better, a buddy of mine is having an upper built at Ironworks Tactical with better components, shorter lead time (4-6 weeks), and cheaper than the majors. That shop's prices seem good even by pre-hysteria standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Found myself some .40 S&W ammo over the weekend, at basically pre-hysteria prices. Hopefully not a one-time-only deal.
Watch http://www.slickguns.com/today regularly, even daily if you're looking for something in particular. Chances are if there's affordable ammo, it'll get posted there, but it'll sell out quick. I've helped two of my buddies find 9mm at $15/50 from that site in the past month.