View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #2047
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

I especially like shots of money, Shark. Old, metal money anyway. More please.
hehe

I bought a lens that came in today, too. It is one of the old dust-pumper Nikkor 70-210
4-5.6 that was trading at large online company A well below what another major online dealer
wanted for what I gauged likely to be an 'equal' product. For 60 bucks I think I found my sharpest
zoom lens. I could just be lucky on this one, or I could have been at a perfect aperture for an
otherwise messed up lens, It might be just the equally surprising great D100 body it is shooting on,
which was also dirt cheap. Either way, I have been dragging around D70s hoping to get anything
this sharp. Until now, I hadn't gotten these kinds of crisp and detailed photos, more soft and lacking
in contrast. But it tests pretty well on a D70 too, although a bit late in the day to be shooting such
a tube.

These are just lens tests, but this lens is pretty decent at the short end and is mostly forgiving at the long end.
If I take some real pictures with it, we'll see. It is pretty long and tight with that dang 1.5x crop factor. So at least
I am not stuck with 2 burned out D70s, they just needed something either sharper, or better tuned to they're own
quirks to get the proper results. If you've been following, I have been mortified by the test shots I have shot with
the two bodies. But when it really counted, as it did with the bar shots I posted earlier, I was able to salvage some
good shots from an otherwise difficult night of learning. But learn I did. But in the end, I am just glad that I got a lens
that was being too cheap for its own good and people must have not trusted. Its a fine lens. I mean, for far shi+, lol.
Although it shoots decent at 4.5-5 feet for uncomfortable closeups.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote