Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Probably going under the knife again

Well to continue my rant:

(Mainly just for my own needs but that is what rants are for right?)

I saw Surgeon #1 yesterday and he said he sees no non-surgical options with this degree of rupture, and because of my existing fusion I am a very good candidate for disk replacement - which would hopefully stop the domino effect of adjacent disks failing over time.

Then he said that my insurance (BCBS) will most likely deny it and just tell him to do another fusion (I assume because they are less expensive)

He said I have a good chance of getting it approved through an appeal process (which I will have to do myself) but it will add an extra couple of months to the process.

I am hoping that once they see they have already paid for one fusion that likely casused my current condition, that the replacement may actually be more cost effective in the long run.

I see Surgeon #2 tomorrow for a second opinion (which I know they are going to ask for anyway).

Then Monday, I get to go back to my regular Dr. and beg for pain meds to tide me over through the appeal process (apparently surgeons don't like writing scripts until after they cut you open).

He did say that I shouldn't have any issues getting what I need once I show him the cd of my MRI (I feel like one of those moron muscians in the subway station passing out cd's to anyone that will listen).

I just hope I have enough left to get me to Monday.