View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Could use some training advice for a half marathon.

I'm dead set on running a half marathon sometime this year. I could really use some help setting up a training plan to reach my goal. Has anyone used the plans on the CoolRunning website? I've been reading through them and a not sure how to make it all work. I really don't have 5k/10k paces yet, as I've only run 2 5k's and no 10k's. Currently I'm running 4-5 days a week on my treadmill, doing about 20-25 miles total. I try to vary my runs, some days doing a simulated 5k trying to set a new best time, or slowing the pace and going for distance/duration. Today for example I felt good and did 8.4 miles in just over 80 minutes (I was running for time).

My plan had been to do a 10k come spring, plus some other 5k's and the Warrior Dash, then do the 1/2 in the fall. Even though things are going good now, I'm going to stick to that as work may throw a monkey wrench into those plans.

So if anyone can offer advice, or help with a plan, I'd appreciate it.