F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: My HCM beads just are not working anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
I came back from vacation to find my humidors at 59 and 58 RH. So I put my beads in bags with a hygrometer, sure enough they are at 59 and 58. I put them both in a bag with a bowl and sponge and let them sit for 2 days while the RH rises back up. I take the bowl out, 6 hours later the beads read 70 RH.

Now, I put them back into my humidors, and 12 hours later my RH levels are even lower than they were before, the beads didn't retain any of the moisture, the 70RH was just moisture in the bag, the beads are not taking in any moisture at all. I can't even charge them.

Waste of money? I'll get heartfelt next time.
As others have said the beads can easily be recharged and I did explain how do to that in a PM to you we we started this discussion in September. I am sorry that the online instructions are in a format that you can't read and I will make them a PDF this afternoon.

It may be that for you Heartfelt beads will be easier, because as you said you can easily spray them with moisture to raise the RH.

However, that does not solve your problem -- your humidor is not holding humidity. There are lots of posts on CA, discussion in my online FAQ and lots of other sources to help you find out how your humidor is leaking and how to seal it. It is more work up front to fix your humidor than it is to switch out to Hearfelt beads, but in the long run the effort you will expend in maintaining your beads will be far more work then fixing your humidor.

If you want to solve the problem with your humidor (regardless of which beads you end up with) let me know and I will work with you. If you want to return your beads and get your money back, let me know and I will do that too.

And finally, I do apologize again for the delay in responding to your post -- my day job has been extremely busy this week and my reading of CA has suffered as a result...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote