Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Coolidors

Quote:
Originally Posted by forms View Post
I eventually managed to get a litre bottle from from a model-train company. I had tried chemists, hardware/motoring shops, petrol stations, supermarkets (grocery stores as well) with no luck. The bottle I bought ended up being about £9 with postage - would've lasted for ages if I hadn't cleaned my fridge with it, but there's still a fair bit left so it's not the end of the world. I'm not certain, but it seems that distilled water is harder to get hold of in the UK, than in the States...
Can you get De-Ionized water? It's similar in purity.

In a pinch, you can use reverse osmosis purified water, but the problem is that the purity of RO water can vary greatly by the equipment used to produce it. Some of the larger, higher pressure systems are very close to distilled in purity, but some of the lower pressure or poorly maintained rigs can leave quite a bit of impurities in the water. Another thing to watch for is bottled RO water that states "Minerals added for taste", while I doubt that these minerals will affect your cigars in anything but an extremely long exposure (many, many years), they might plate out on your humidifier.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote