Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
jds78
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Jon
Trading: (1)
jds78 is on a distinguished road
Default Cooled Cabinet Humidor Project

Cooled Cabinet Humidor Project

I’ve been dreaming about cabinet humidors since I bought my first cooler about 3 years ago. I don’t have a big collection and the coolers in the basement have served me well, but I was recently presented with a unique opportunity that was too good to pass up.

My brother-in-law is taking a fine woodworking course and one of the second year requirements is to build a commission piece. We’ve spent the last few months designing and construction should start next week.

It’s basically a large armoire style cabinet with upper and lower doors separated by two external drawers. I’m using solid black walnut with walnut burl for the door panels. I went with the Accumonitor system for humidity control with two 260 btu thermoelectric cooling units. For lights I have some LED light strips that will be activated by a door switch.

I’ve included an original concept sketch we did few months back. We’ve made some small changes but the general idea is the same. I’ve enjoyed seeing some of the other projects so I thought I would post some construction photos as things progress. Just a warning; it will probably take 3-4 months to complete.

Any comments/suggestions/questions are welcome.

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg humi.jpg (29.7 KB, 951 views)
jds78 is offline   Reply With Quote