View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #16
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm Looking For A Good Southern Biscuits & Gravy Recipe

You got me, Brent, I went too far. I will add garlic cause I love it and add it to everything.
The other stuff I made up. Note to the OP-inator...This recipe is also useful for, and for me was first
tasted as, a FRIED CHICKEN recipe. When we were kids my mother made it one time, fried up a chicken,
poured off the grease and made what she called milk gravy. That and mashed potatoes was freaking AWESOME.
So we always asked for 'milk gravy', but she rarely ever made it. My old man liked creamed beef on toast
about 5-6 times a year, having loved it in the military. (he grew up poor)

But back to my point...
1.) Biscuits and gravy
2.) Fried Chicken and gravy
3.) Creamed beef on (whatever) I like hash browns, toast gets soggy and makes me gag.
3.) Fried fish and gravy

All the same technique...It's the gratin' on the bottom of the frying pan that makes the
recipe. The debris from whatever you fried makes the meat base, although like Brent
said, RICH people crumble more meat into the gravy after it's cooked for the most part.
We were too poor to use MORE meat in the gravy, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote