View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #208
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
I got my moka pot today. It kind of stunk like metal and grease. Is this normal?
Upon opening my Bialetti 3 cupper, it did not have the smell you're speaking about. But as Dan and Rick have mentioned, a lite wash with some mild detergent to start things off, run a couple of batches through, and the only thing you really need to do after that is simply rinse it with warm water after the pot cools down and towel dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I've dialed it in around 19-20 grams of ground beans works best for me in the three cupper...
I performed a few extra measurements on the 3 cupper. You get about 5oz of water if you fill to the "fill line" in the bottom piece. If your placing approximately 19-21g of finely ground coffee in the filter basket, you will have about 4oz of brewed coffee. The grounds in the filter retain about an ounce of water...