View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 06:56 PM   #1016
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
Today my pastor friend who started me down this slope as I have mentioned elsewhere has surprised me with a gift. A brand new Peterson System pipe. He noticed that I appreciated the Grabow and Cob he had given me to start off with and he said it was time for me to step my game up.

Any advice on breaking this in or maintaining it would be appreciated. My friend hasn't had time to smoke with me much and recommended that I just check on the internet for breaking in and what not. I know the recommendation is usually start with a half a bowl but I was curious if this one calls for anything different.
The reason for starting with 1/2 a bowl is so that you smoke the bowl all the way to the bottom so that you get a good cake on the bottom half of the bowl. What a bunch of hoooey! Fill the bowl and smoke it - just make sure you smoke it to the bottom

How do you break in a pipe? Smoke it!

So, smoke it!

Peace of the Lord be with you.