View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 07:04 PM   #1369
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Interesting, so no traditional priming sugar at all, just the maple syrup?

I just dry hopped the white IPA today, put in 50g of lemon grass and 1g of fresh sage. I'm not sure how the sage will infuse (it was only a few leaves) but the lemon grass should give it a light kick that I think will complement the heffeweisen/wheat style. Another few weeks and I'll report back with the results
Correct. Based on everything I read, it's 70% fermentable, compared to table sugar at 100%. So a little more is used. Northern Brewer has a nice calculator to figure it all out. I just hope my redneck fermentation setup carbs the bottles better this time. Using a seedling mat inside a plastic tote. Bottles are then placed inside there, with the top put on the tote. Seems to be holding around 64-66°F.