rlmedic
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (5)
rlmedic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Starting to like wine...the Red version

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
Moses, it doesn't look we're getting through, seems like for some people here buying wine based on some arbitrary point score in a wine rag is good enough (do they buy cigars same way?).

I keep saying same thing you are about manipulation of wine in OZ, via huge expenditures into chem labs, and no, no one believes even though there is plenty of factual info available if one wants to explore (or is in business like I am and has to know what the competitors are up to). OX wineries are not shy about it, Yellow Tail is the prime example.

Inability of even seasoned palates to ID wines in a blind tastings consistently is a well documented fact by now yet it seems we now have 2 for 2 (second person in two weeks) claiming can easily do so. Even Parker makes mistakes in blind tastings he himself sets up and yet we have posters here who can. I guess they also have a nice bridge collection by now, too.

Recommending wines that do not even exist
("You Lie!") and then throwing a hissy fit when called on it.

So, I am attacked on the 3 points above, call the obvious bluff and chest beating, and then attacked some more in response. ("Gold, Jerry, it's gold!")

FUNNY...
Spekaing of alcohol, do you recall what alc level is that legendary 1947 Petrus?
Riddick,

Again I will ask what wine I recomended that does not exist?
Also you keep harping on the blind tasting....all wine of the same varietal that is from different areas, called AVA's, have distinct differences in taste. That is why I stated its like comparing apples and oranges.

Why not relax and smoke a cigar and mellow out
rlmedic is offline   Reply With Quote