View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #3347
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
Why have 2 of the same camera? You mentioned buying another d700.
A more concise answer is that I started backwards.....I knew I wanted a D700 a long time ago,
but it was too pricey. I bought a D70 and a D100. I traded for a D100 with some cigars
from my end. I saw a number of D200s with defects I did not consider to be deal-breakers,
and bought every one cheaper than I feel was a fair price. Before you know it, I had jumped on so
many markdowns that I have a full closet of old Nikons....why? Wanna buy one? Cause I will make you
a hell of a deal.

Like I told Shark earlier, NOT A SINGLE ONE of my cameras is incapable of taking a great photo.
But you can ask Shark, having a capable camera on hand is not always quite enough to deter
the demons of our own minds. You want newer, better, more low-light capability, the ability
to use legacy lenses. One by one factors come in to play that force you to look at something higher
up the food chain. But if you just wanted to take photos for pleasure, and not for sale as prints,
any camera will do you right. The deal with multiples, on my end, was that all of my cameras can utilize
the same batteries. Why not pick up a cheap D200 when you see it? I bought a D90 that had a flash
that would not stay locked and seated. Gaffer's tape.....saved $150, gave it to my sister.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote