View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #142
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

My final thoughts/ramblings/emotional outbursts:

I know this sounds cheesy, but I think I have a truly refined palate. What I mean by that is when I smoke a cigar, I smoke THE CIGAR. Not the ratings, the band, the hype, the name, the price, etc.

If you offered me a La Floridita and a La Flor Dominicana, I would smoke the La Floridita because I like the flavor more than LFDs.

I love both CCs and NCs. I couldn't imagine smoking only 1 or the other.

When I finally got to smoke an Oliva V maduro I was disappointed.

I wouldn't buy Padron 80th even if they were $10 a stick.

With that in mind, the vast majority of Silound's..."cigars" were indeed what I would consider dog rockets. One odd thing though -- most of them were very well constructed. I found it strange. Like getting a $1,000 paint job on a Ford Pinto.

Many of the cigars had a flavor that I have come to recognize as poor quality tobacco. Some, like the Occidental Reserve, were just lousy blends. Makes me wonder why anyone would put so much time, effort, money into making so many BAD cigars. Yeah, yeah, taste is subjective, but in the case of some of these cigars an argument could be made against that idea. Whenever I smoke a truly nasty cigar, it makes me wonder:

Is there no Quality Control in these cigar factories?

How do the farmers/rollers/factory owners smoke these cigars and determine they are good enough for anything other than compost?

Are there infamous "dog rocket factories" that produce nothing but crap sticks like Cremosas, Thompson brands, etc.?

I dunno man...I dunno. Cigars never cease to amaze me.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote