View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #38
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: c & d 's best tobacco ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Triathlete View Post
Another one of my favorites...I haven't had it in a while so it slipped my mind.

That's cool Rev about helping come up with it. I really like it because the burley just evens out the rough edges that can sometimes be found in true VaPers.

I'm actually heading up I-95 this evening and I'm going to stop in at JRs and grab a few tins of this.
(Just read this again - and a thought struck me)

Originally, there was no burley in it. In fact, I like it better without the burley. So, your comment is intriguing.

Interestingly, this blend was an accident. I had originally ordered 4 oz each of their military history blends #456 Winchester, #457 Yorktown, and #458 Poplar Camp. After 3 bowls of each, none of them really spiked my interest. So, I weighed out equal portions of each, put it in a big mixing bowl, throughly mixed it together, and put it into another mason jar. WOW!!! Loved it! I did the same with what remained. Even ordered another 1/2 pound of each and did it again.

When I was on the Yahoo Pipe Smoker's Club, I suggested it as one of our blends. I even sent samples to a few guys who concurred. Bob Runowski got a hold of it though and added the burley - Bob cannot do anything without leaving well enough alone and adding too much burley. In this case, even though the burley is done with a light hand, it isn't the same. I do not order Back Porch anymore. I will however order the 3 other blends and make my own - as it was intended by Todd to be smoked.

Peace of the Lord be with you.