View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hygrometer question

I've bought a gazillion hygroset II's, and they are just plain awesome. I've never desired anything else, but I've just recently bought a bunch of Xikar's. I'm just trying them out cause they're about the same price at Amazon, and they're damn sexy.
I've used just about everything along the way and put a lot of time into calibrating for test purposes. The only hygrometers that were remotely reliable in that atmosphere were the Hygroset II's.
So far as our hobby goes, I'd suggest picking what you like. If it suits you aesthetically or fits nicely in your humi like the little havana, then you can't lose. Most everything in that $15-$20 range that's specifically purposed for humidors is cool.
You're looking at two good hygrometers, you can't lose with either.