Thread: Dominican Puros
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 03:01 PM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Dominican Puros

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Davidoff Puro Dominicana is a puro. it was a Ltd Edition around 2010. The regular Dominicana does have an Ecuador binder. There was also a Puro D'oro that was a Ltd.

Agree on La Aurora. Nothing they ever made did much for me.

Chogui is back and readily accessible for $10ish. I have a couple of the original issue left. Have not bought any of the new ones yet......mainly because I absolutely HATE the band. It looks like a 711 gas station cigar now. Even so, I will probably pick some up to try.

As for Caldwell...If you don't love them and want to offload them, let me know. Caldwell is hitting on all cylinders these days. I could very easily smoke 50% Caldwell and 50% Crowned Heads and never buy anything else. Robert Caldwell and Jon Huber are just so damn good at it. Both can be had for a fiver at cigarpage.
Love every Cadwell I have had. Like I said, I have the rest of a box of The King is Dead in the Manzanita size, love them - just didn't realize it was a Dominican puro.

Have not had many Crowned Heads - maybe I should try a few of those to see if I like them, just not sure which lines to try first. I usually do it by looking to see which ones I can afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
AF Don Carlos series are one of the benchmark DR lines of cigars. Still reasonably priced all considered.
AF DCs are a great Dominican made smoke, love the Cameroon wrapper on them. But that's the point, while a great smoke, they are not a Dominican PURO. To be a PURO form a particular country, all tobacco in it - filler, binder, wrapper - must be grown in that country, in this case, the Dominican Repuplic.

Peace of the Lord be with you.