View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #27
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Re: Engagement rings (NOT FOR ME)

I must seem like a post whore but I did just go through this purchase, like last week, and been researching everything in my usual habit, so hard not to give out some more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
if you're a home owner just itemize jewelry on your home owner's insurance

Also an option. But when I looked into it my insurer would not pay for damage, only payout was theft and loss. The loss carried a larger deductable too, theft however did not. For the value I wanted to insure at it was $50 more a year to go seperate.

If we had more jewelry it would be more cost effective from what I found to add to my home owners however.

One of the biggest differences though with what I got is that you go back to your jeweler for replacements and repairs but also go back for periodic inspections.

The other difference is with my homeowners they pay me cash and I still have to go get a new diamond or repairs. With this policy, if we lose the stone it is replace with a like stone by the participating jeweler, no matter what the current market price of that stone.

So I have a $100 deductable that covers all damage, theft, loss etc. I thought it was a good deal. YMMV
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote