View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:08 AM   #8
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: R.I.P. Charlie Daniels!

As a youngster feeling out the music styles I liked, of course I had heard a few of Charlies hits from earlier. But just shy of 14 years old his blockbuster album, Million Mile Reflections was released in April of 1979. This album I don't think would be fair to say was country. it had quite a mix of different styles. Of course The Devil Went Down To Georgia was a hit, but the song "Reflections" was a haunting tribute to Elvis, Janis Joplin, and Ronnie Van Zant. I became a fan that year and still am today. I read his book not too long ago and it was a great insight into the man. He also wrote articles for a couple conservative news outlets for several years too and they were good articles. In my estimation Charlie Daniels was obviously a great Artist/Musician, but a great American Patriot. Charlie was also a devout Christian and I can almost see the Lord welcoming him to Heaven and saying to him, "Welcome home Charlie, can you get that golden fiddle over there and play The Devil Went Down To Georgia one time? Godspeed Charlie and thanks my friend.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote