View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Father's Day Pig...A New Generations comes of age

My sister-in-laws husband's father does several pigs over the course of a year, but this year the kids (5 sons and a daughter and thier spouses) wanted to honor their dad by doing one themselves and serving it at the Father's Day get together at the beach.

They had a few issues, but a wise man once reminded that we learn our most valuable lessons from our mistakes, not from our successes. I think there are a couple of things that they will do differently next time (I've been there!), but it turned out really good, especially for their first time doing it pretty much on their own.

Prepping always takes longer than you think (especially your first time!)

OK, open her back up and we'll stitch her up...again!

Almost ready

Gus (their dad) and I had a pretty good time sitting back, talking, reminiscing about our mistakes and failures, and watching the boys work and stress. We did offer a few suggestions when they got hung up, but we really tried to get into the whole FOG frame of mind! It was kind of fun!

I'm looking forward to the next one already!