Thread: No Fat Diets
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: No Fat Diets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
My diabetes nutritionist told me I would be better off with using light products versus fat free products for this exact reason. Now being diabetic, it's not so much the fat, as it is the carbs that I need to watch. If I use, for instance, light salad dressing, I don't count the carbs, because of the fat. If I use fat free salad dressing, I count the carbs because of the sugars. It seemed counter-intuitive until I started reading labels.
I"m in the same boat as you, having to watch the carbs. What a lot of people didn't realize was that when the companies took the fat out of the products, they pumped up the sugar/carbs to make up the flavor lost. Not surprising the correlation between the rise in obesity/diabetes and the push for low fat diets. Now after all these years the studies/doctors are changing their tune and suggesting people incorporate fats back into their diets (good fats mind you) and cut back on the carbs.

Honestly, not every one person fits the same mold. We just need to find out what works best for us, be it low carb, low fat, high carbs, whole grains, etc. Whatever does work though should include some form of exercise. You have to be able to burn off what you put in.