Thread: No Fat Diets
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: No Fat Diets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonw560 View Post
Do a little research about good fats vs. bad fats. The bad thing about low fat things is that sometimes they're loaded with sugar to offset.
For years we were told to cut back on fats. If you do this, you have to make up the flavor somewhere, and like you said, sugar is the name of the game. It's cheap and gives our bodies what it craves. Surprising (or not so) that obesity and related illnesses (diabetes) rose during this time. Not saying there's a direct correlation, but it played a part.

Quote:
Also, if you really need (or just want to) monitor your fat intake, go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com I have the app on my desktop, iPod, and BB. So I have no excuse to not track. Has just about every food you can think of. If they don't, you can add it. Same with the WW app.
Best advice anyone can heed when starting a new lifestyle diet. If you start using it before adopting the new way of eating, it can show you where you're problem areas are. You just have to be honest and log everything. But once you start seeing how simple changes can have big effects, you'll wonder why you didn't do this all along.