Thread: Uh... Problem..
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Uh... Problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Okay, its been a couple hours. I went downstairs to my humidor and looked at the bag. 65%.

So I guess that means that the beads are fine. What could cause such a huge drop in RH? My humidor doesn't leak, its been at 65% for like 2 months now. The only thing I have done recently was pull some cigars out for sevans105 and put in the cigars he gifted me.

Very Confused...

That's where I think the RH swing comes from.

You could actually do more harm than good chasing minor RH swings. I know, I've been there/done that, adding water for every 2 point decline, freaking out when the RH peaks higher than I'd like right after rehydrating.

Loading up with new cigars from vendors, I've seen the RH spike up 10 points easily. Loading them up with someone's other cigars that may be drier than those already stored will cause the RH to decline.

Give it some time for the new cigars to acclimate.

The bead setting checks out according to your test. Give them time to do their thing that they do so well.