View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #45
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How do you make your ribs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4v View Post
I use an oven to make my ribs, because for the longest time I didn't have a grill. I slow cook mine at 160 degrees ( That is the lowest that my oven will go.) for 5hrs. I usually prepare them in a dry rub, or caramelized. They come out pretty good, so I'd like to think.

I make my own sauce and rub, but when I was living in NC I bought a rub from the grocery store. I can't get the rub up here in MI, but I have duplicated it to my best ability.
I used to do that myself, I thought that in terms of tenderness and tastiness HOT, they were excellent.
The only thing you lose is the smoke ring, which I have found to be essential in being able to put your
ribs in the fridge for another day. Hell, you could probably leave em on the counter for a few days and
still hit em with that SMOKE. Oven cooked ribs get a rancid taste in the fat in almost no time.
Either that or it comes out of the bones. Anyone know the flavor I am talking about? Old pork syndrome.
But for eating hot and fresh, I actually prefer that oven cooked flavor. Smoke sometimes messes up me innards.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote