ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tacos: soft or hard shell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
No option for both? I like double-deckers....hard shell wrapped with a soft tortilla stuck on with refried beans!! Yummy!!
That sounds absolutely delicious! I'm trying it the next time I go to a place that serves soft and hard shell tacos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
Damn you Mike! I'm supposed to be watching what I eat because I've been eating like cr@p ever since Vegas and now you mention Mexican...

I guess you and I will have to herf it up soon, go for Mex, then to somewhere us SoCal folk can actually smoke, hoping that the hot spice which I LOVE won't numb our taste buds for cigars.

Mmm...double-decker, what a great invention.

I'm really torn by your question though Mike. I like fish tacos (only the beer-battered & fried kind) in soft tortillas (flour or corn), but I'm a traditionalist...if hard tacos are really what came first (the chicken or the egg). I'd take a hard beef taco over soft any day.

So what's that favorite restaurant of yours?

Over on the west side, our haunt (we practically lived there) used to be Don Antonio's on Pico between Barrington & Bundy...sounds Italian but it ain't!
It's a dive chain called King Taco and it's great for picking up lunch/dinner. More of a order from the counter type place. The salsa roja will numb the tongue for hours. I love it! Definitely not advised before smoking a cigar as I've found out on several occassions.

I've been to DA's. Great place for hanging out and sipping/throwing back margs. They have a patio in back and I've seen one of the owners smoking cigars there before, but I'm not sure if that was a one off thing. Hmmmmmm……tacos.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote