View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #231
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: any cyclists/roadies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
White tape and get rid of the cog protector on the wheel. I have been riding over 30 years and have never damaged a spoke due to the chain. Just break it off.

What kind o wheels do you want? Do you ride a lot of hills? I am using tubeless wheels that are pretty cool. Don't hold air as long as I thought they would, but are otherwise fine and I am crossing fingers on how well they will be puncture resistant.

Lot's of options out there. DT Swiss are making great wheel sets. I stick with Campagnolo for as much as I can. Well done hand made wheels will go a long way and customized to your specifications.
Yea I ditched the cog protector awhile ago...that's an old pic...I just don't take many pics while I am riding lol.

My LBS is pushing Rolf wheels, I like the Easton EC90SL's and my buddies Zipp 303's. I have been talking to a couple custom wheel builders and I believe most of them were suggesting Reynolds 32 deep wheels with CK hubs.

I hit as many hills as I can, not tons of hills here in AZ. My daily ride has about 1500 feet of elevation.