View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Oliva V maduro 2009 release

This is another review in the series of cigars that I got from The Longfiller Company in exchange for reviews. After the success of the limited release of the 2008 Oliva V Maduro Oliva released another batch in 2009. Rumors said I would be a lancero, but it turned out that it was another 6 x 52 torpedo, just like the 2008 release. The cigar has a price tag of € 10 in The Netherlands

The wrapper is nice, dark and oily but has a lot of spots, a bit like chicken skin. The construction is great and I get a great resistance on the predraw. The cigar also has a nice barnyard aroma.

I taste chocolate and coffee, but it is a different taste than the 2008 V Maduro, less sweet and a bit more meaty. After half an inch I get some sweetness after all and a herbal flavor.

After an inch and a half the chocolate and herbs gain some strength and the coffee has disappeared. The chocolate is the dominant flavor. Halfway the herbs beat the chocolate and become dominant. At ⅔ the chocolate disappears completely.

This cigar produces a lot of smoke and a firm, almost white ash. I had a few burn issues at the start, but the burn corrected itself and didn't cause any concerns later. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I liked the 2008 better but the 2009 is worth smoking again too

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10