View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Does anyone have a tried and true pancake recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
My brother-in-law prides himself rightly on being the pancake and waffle king of the family.
When we get together in the Smokies every summer as a 4 family unit group, he has the
floor when it comes to breakfast. From what I have seen, the mix you can read on a box
or online is the same, its the treatment of the EGGS that makes the difference. How you
beat them, how fluffy you make them before adding them to the batter seems to be the
trick. It doesn't hurt his rep that he is in Western NY and brings the real deal maple syrup
with him when he arrives.
Brad is correct -- it's all about the eggs. My Mother-in-Law made the best pancakes -- standard recipe with flour, baking powder, milk, etc. The difference is that she would separate the eggs, mix the yolks into the batter and then beat the egg whites stiff until fluffy and fold the fluffed whites into the pancake mix.

She would not stir the mix after that, she would just spoon it on to a griddle. Best pancakes ever.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote