View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #8
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: The CA Fraternity of HomeRoasters (we dunnit)

I do poppers for quick batches, and have built several SCCOs for my BOTLS. I have learned a lot with both, the learning curve is steep, but short, and I have also come to the conclusion that even when my batches don't come out perfectly... they are far superior to any whole bean coffee available at the coffee shop, or the grocery store. Moo and Tristan have helped me through their knowledge many a time, unbeknownst to them, but I do pay attention to those that have been far mare particular about their roasts than myself. I actually fly more by the seat of my pants on roasts, now, and play with roasting profiles of beans a little, but it almost always comes out a fine product. I must be lucky
I like most of the regions where coffee is produced, whether it be of African, South American, Central, Indonesian, Indian.... I don't really care for Hawaiian or Jamaican, perhaps I should roast some for a bit and see how it is fresh roasted, the only examples of those I have tried have been in a commercial setting. I mainly press pot or espresso my daily brew, but occasionally run a drip pot, moka pot, or cold infusion.

I love my coffee, and I rarely trust those that do not drink it, much as I distrust those people that do not love dogs.