View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #15
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Re: Just started a new business... need networking!

Digital signage is getting big. My company is looking into that prospect. It's a good idea to walk into some larger employers (manufacturing, hospitals, clinics, K-12 schools, colleges, etc) and make note if they have digital signage in there foyer. Take note of what they have if they have it. If they don't have it, you have a potential client in that product. Make a note of it.

What you have is several different sales possibilities/targets under one piece of technology. The hard part is figuring a good vertical for each part of your technology and sell to that with each vertical. If you try to sell the whole shebang to everyone, they will get confused and forget the one thing that might interest them.

1. Define your product segments.
2. Define your vertical markets.
3. Develop a good "elevator speech" for each segment.
4. Try to partner with a technology service company that currently doesn't offer your particular service. Trading leads is good.
5. Cold call like a monster.

It's a good idea to get involved with the Chamber of Commerce in your city and surrounding cities that you can service. Just don't let them talk you into an elected position or have you chair any events. There is absolutely no reward and a lot of work in that stuff.

PM me if you want to talk strategy/sales. I'm really passionate about helping people get what they need. I'm a terrible salesperson with 13 years of successful sales because I listen more than I talk.

MCS