View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Your Top Five Underrated Guitarists

The death of Prince gave me the idea for this thread. These are the guys that in your opinion have amazing skill but don't seem to get lumped up there with the Guitar Gods such as Clapton, Jeff Beck, Hendrix, Van Halen, etc.

Mine are:

1) Robert Fripp. Just an absolute monster on the guitar, with blazing speed and technique.
2) Frank Zappa. Fans of Zappa know just how incredible he was, but mainstream music fans just seem to go "Oh, that 'Don't Eat the Yellow Snow' Guy. Whatever."
3) Rory Gallagher. If there had never been a Clapton or Hendrix he might be a household name like those two are.
4) Prince. As I said in the other thread, his chosen genres of music might have overshadowed his ability to blow the roof off of the house.
5) Adam Jones. His playing with Tool is the very definition of textured.