View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #1032
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOut View Post
the "new" Knobb sinlge barrel i really good. Got a really nice caramel/citrus too it with a long lasting after taste. Not the burn I expected at 120 either. Picked up a bottle of Bassel Haydens to try recently. will get back to you on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
I didn't think Basil Hayden was worth the price. Lots of better bourbons out there.
While on vacation I got a bottle of the Basil Hayden as well. I must say, it is a disappointment. I don't know how to describe it, but it wasn't real good neat, not as good as a number of others I enjoy. When a few ice cubes melted in it, it was decent.

It won't be something I will purchase again.

I personally can mix any cheaper whiskey with ginger ale, 7-up, etc... and it really doesn't much matter, to do so with a more expensive libation seems a waste. And if that particular liquor isn't any good unless mixed, then what's the point.

(maybe my taste buds are not refined enough, or are too battered for what libation is poured into a mix, as if it really makes a difference)

Peace of the Lord be with you.