View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #13
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: RevSmoke's Blind reviews

Here is dyieldin's review of the second cigar.

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality 2.1 - 2.9 = fair 3.0 - 3.5 = good 3.5 - 4.5 = excellent 4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: oily, coarse, Medium brown color, a real rough look. There were a couple of large veins running down the length. Maybe a corojo wrapper.
Score for aesthetics:*** 2.9

2) Pre-light Construction: There were no soft spots, very tight, very dense pack. It feels very weighty. It seems it was well rolled except for the over packing. Not much of anything on a smell there.
Score for Pre-light construction: 2.0

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Does it not draw well at all, nothing, very hard to smoke pull through, no soft spots appear after lighting, burns evenly, did not smoke hot as it would not draw, the ash was like a solid lump and a medium grey color. I thought it might loosen up after lighting and be O.K. but this never happened.
Score for post-light construction: 2.0

4) Flavor and strength: What does it taste like? Seemed to be a medium body smoke. It taste kind of a fruity, sweet, robust taste to it that I found pleasant. It build in flavor a bit, not in complexity. For what smoke I did get out of it I found flavorful. It did get bitter about ½ way and I was tired of fighting to draw and gave up on it.
Score for flavor and strength: 3.5 for potential

5) Finish/Aftertaste: Finish or aftertaste is the sensation &/or flavor on you palate after each puff, not the taste left after you finish the cigar. I found it a bit fruity and also somewhat pleasant. Got very harsh about ½ way.
Score for aftertaste: 3.5 for potential

6) Aroma: The Aroma was good, just not a lot of it. A floral note was detected.
Score for aroma: 3.4

7) General Comments:
Did it remind you of something? Yes, of the last time I had a cigar that was not manufactured properly. About half way I was tired of fighting to draw and gave up on it.
Would you buy them? Nope. If someone gave me one I would try again but will not spend my cash on a defective product. That does not function.
Sum it up as you would to a friends ("That cigar was awesome!") . Get ‘em if you do not like smoke with your cigar.
Overall score for the cigar: 2.0

8) Recommendation:

Not Recommended because it was defective. I expect my smoke to smoke, this one did not.