Thread: Gin Thread!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #96
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gin Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibby4781 View Post
I'm glad I came across this thread today! I'm not a big gin drinker but have wanted to dive further into it. I have enjoyed GNT's for years when I'm out with the wife but never really cared or specified what brand of gin to use. From what I have read it seem like for those you can use pretty much anything. I really want to try more martinis. Are there acceptable and unacceptable gins to use for martinis? Also, could anyone be so kind as to steer me in the direction for a decent all-purpose gin or for that matter one I should try right away?
I'm a GNT guy. Never got into martinis but I haven't really tried too many. I would like to try some in the future to see if I like them or not. Personally, I can tell a big difference between gins when mixed with tonic. Just my